SOLAR POWER SYSTEM & SOLAR PANEL SYSTEM FACTS
Why Use Solar Power Systems
Renewable and free electricity harnessed form the sun is now widely considered to be the preferred energy source of the next generation. Solar powered photovoltaic cells are now available at affordable prices making it cheaper to generate electricity from the sun. In case of Malaysia, a country that has bright sunlight throughout the year, this seems to be a very feasible option.
A country with such a wealth of sunshine should be using solar energy traffic lights ( that do not go off when the electricity is shut down), solar powered billboards, solar energy street lights and many other appliances using solar panel systems and photovoltaic cells.
A single Stand-alone solar electricity generating system can generate electricity for up 24 hours a day. Solar powered lights can be designed to produce lighting from dusk till dawn. Each solar power system can store sun light and generate electricity even on days when the sun does not shine as brightly.
Gardens and recreation parks should be equipped with solar powered lights that can operate at 12V DC that provides no risk of electrocution, a feature that is very advantageous for a place populated by children.
The biggest advantage of solar lights is that they can be set up anywhere whether it be barren terrains, off-shores and even in far-flung areas that are inaccessible to electric supply.
Solar panel systems are not only used to power up telecommunication towers, aircraft warning lights, remote sensors but can now be integrated to buildings with mains AC Grid Power that provides electricity to the grid system. This system is called a Building Integrated Photocvoltaic and is very inexpensive and efficient as compared to stand alone solar panel systems.
The Solar Panel Systems
The solar panels consisting of photovoltaic cells capture sunlight and produces electricity from it. Direct Current Electricity or DC Electricity is a stream if electrons moving in one direction along a wire. To make the electrons move in a single direction, the photo-panel is coated with layers of silicon. This doped silicon forces the electrons to move without changing their direction which can happen when electrons absorb the energy of the sun and become excited. Once the electrons start moving in the same direction, you get electricity.
Benefits of Solar Power Systems (Stand-Alone)
- No high electricity bills: Place a solar powered array at your home and make free electricity at home.
- Minimal Maintenance: PV panels, more commonly known as solar panel systems have a guaranteed life span of 15 years and the PV Storage Units have an average life of 5 years.
- Stand-Alone Functions: Stand-alone street lights can be relocated easily and a malfunctioning unit will not impact other solar power systems in the region.
- Cost Effective: In remote areas where there is no availability of National Grid, solar power systems are very beneficial. There will be no cost of setting up cables or substations that are very expensive to put up and maintain.
- Automatic Sensors: There are no manual operations needed to switch on or off any solar powered lights.
- After Sale Support Easily Available: As Atoincom Ace is a local Malaysian based company, there is no waiting required to get spare parts as they are locally available.
So be pro-environment, reduce your electricity bills and be the first ones to jump onto the Malaysian Solar Power band-wagon.
What is Required for a Solar Power System?
An overview and checklist
For an effective solar panel system, you will need:
- A photovoltaic cell panel to produce electricity
- Thin-Film for a hot, balmy climate
- Proper installation of the PV panel for maximum electricity output.
- A solar power controller/ charger to keep safe the rest of the circuit
- Either a power output of a 240V inverter or a direct 12V DC output. A 240 V inverter is not recommended as it loses 30% energy in the conversion process. Use a 12V DC system to reduce cost and loss of power.
- Solar energy Non-liquid Photovoltaic Storage Cell
- Hire a certified and experienced solar power installer who has experience with solar panel systems to set up your solar array.
PV Panel Characteristics CRYSTALLINE Or THIN FILM (Includes A-Si)
A-Si Myths, The Truth…
- Myth 1: A-si has more deterioration over time???
- Myth 2: A-si panels are less efficient so they produce less energy???
- Myth 3: A-si panels are bigger and take up more space???
- Myth 4: A-si panels produce too much power and damage inverters???
LED Myths, The Truth…
- Myth 1: LED (Light Emitting Diode) lamps save energy.
- Myth 2: LED (Light Emitting Diode) lamps are brighter.
Solar Powered LED Lighting…
Why You Do Not Use Inverters With Solar Power Systems